About Emerging Data Modeling & Management Technology:
Key-Value & Document Databases
Training Objective: This professional training course is part of a project co-funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union. The main objective is to build the capacity, improve the level of competencies and skills of IT professionals in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DS&AI).
This training emphasizes on emerging databases and technologies suitable for managing different types and characteristics of data. The course focuses on the following important categories of NoSQL data management systems: key-value and document models. These NoSQL models and data stores gain increasing popularity due to the growth of non-relational, semi-structured data and data scalability issues. They can solve problems relational databases cannot handle and have become increasingly important in data-intensive application development for the modern era of data-driven decision making. The course explores the importance and applications of NoSQL databases, the classification of the databases and how to use them in a real-world scenario.
Thursday 1 - Saturday 3 April 2021, 8:45-16:00
On successful completion of the training course, the training professionals will be able to:
- Business Analysts
- Database System Specialists
- IT Specialists
- Design and organize various types of data using Key-value and Document models.
- Identify, implement and perform frequent data operations (CRUD: create, read, update and delete) on Key-value and Document model systems.
- Solve practical data modeling and management problems using key-value / document models.
- Explain basic database administration, physical design and performance tuning of the data stores.
Technical hands-on approach with practical tools, running examples, exercises and business use cases to design, create databases, load and query data. Business cases to be practiced during the training: Online Shopping System (customers data, product data, order, user-session, shopping carts, product-reviews)
||- Introduction to the training course
- Applications and Business Use Cases
- Recall: Relational Database Concepts & SQL
- Limitation of Relational Model
- NoSQL Database Concepts
||Project and Case Study for the Training:
Key-value Data Modeling and Management
- Key-value Model Concepts
- Benefits and Limitations
- Applications and Use Cases
Redis: Hands-on Session I:
- Getting familiarization with Redis Enterprise Cloud (free version)
- Redis Data Types: String, List, Set, Sorted Set, Hash
- CRUD Operations
||Redis: Hands-on Session II:
- Project Practice: Modeling and Managing User-sessions
||Document Modeling and Management
- Document Model Concepts
- Semi-structured data modeling using JSON documents
- Applications and Use Cases
MongoDB: Hands-on Session III:
- Getting familiarization with MongoDB on cloud (Atlas).
- CRUD operations on MongoDB
- Modeling, managing and querying JSON documents
||MongoDB: Hands-on Session IV:
- Project Practice: Modeling and managing Customer data, Product catalogs, Purchase Orders, Product reviews
||- Redis and MongoDB: Hands-on Session V:
- Put them all together into a data-oriented application:
- Training Certification / Preparation for the certification exam
- Wrap-up and Conclusion